ADA Compliance – WCAG 2.1 – S
$49.95 – $699.95
We install an artificial intelligence (AI) driven accessWidget in the backend of the website’s code, which will 99.9% guarantee the website owner will never see a lawsuit for not providing American with Disabilities Act web accessibility. We then email the customer a compliance report after we complete the work. It takes about 1 to 3 hours of developers’ time per website, depending on the number of pages, code issues, etc. The maximum number of pages is 1,000. We will add this additional yearly Widget expense to your accounting page.
Our solution dynamically changes the website’s appearance, as needed, at the user’s level when viewing the website using what’s referred to as an accessWidget that uses artificial intelligence (AI), which, when installed and combined with our CSS capabilities, will not change a thing for the majority of users. It will only be activated when turned on via the interface (or by a screen reader if the user is blind) and only for the user’s specific session. Therefore, accessWidget won’t affect our design, user interface, or performance. We don’t have to go in and redesign the site, spending hours. The entire process is automated, from remediation to becoming compliant. Additionally, the accessWidget doesn’t collect user data, so it doesn’t affect our customers’ GDPR compliance.
It works on all updated web browsers with versions dated after 2019.
Our blog: https://clickitwebsitedesign.com/ada-wcag-compliance-gets-our-attention-again/
This is a subscription service. After the enrollment period, the price is $499.95 per year.
See ADA Compliance Service at: https://chagrinfalls.clickitstores.com/service/ada-compliance.
Website owners are targeted for lawsuits because they do not adhere to ADA compliance rules. Already, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of lawsuits have been filed. See this recent article by the American Bar Association: Click Here.
Click IT uses best-in-class software to protect our small business customers’ websites. Our web accessibility software complies with Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 LEVEL A/AA Web Accessibility Standards on WordPress websites. This one-of-a-kind WordPress web accessibility plugin evaluates content for web accessibility issues anywhere on your website. Our technology evaluates your website for web accessibility issues when content is published. We run a complete scan of your website to identify issues in your content. Then we provide accessibility reports with references and simple-to-follow instructions, making it easy for us to correct new issues on your website. This software corrects many common issues automatically using convenient, time-saving filter options we set up.
Even though WCAG has no legal authority, it has achieved global recognition as the most important set of accessibility standards and is enforced to varying degrees by most major countries. The issue is not going away, and the legal field seems to have discovered another panacea, which at the end of 2022, seems to have grown in momentum again as of late.
Learn more, and watch the recent media reports here: https://clickitwebsitedesign.com/ada-wcag-compliance-gets-our-attention-again.
For the Do-It-Yourselvers, see the additional links below:
Visit the ADA website for information about WCAG 2.1 compliance. PDF version of the regulation.
- Pay for and install it yourself: Go to the Accessibe.com website, where you subscribe and get information for installing the AccessWidget.
- Other Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
- Other recommended WordPress Plugins:
- See also https://adaplugin.com.
Here are some great talking points (and resources) to also explore:
- Legal Risk: Lawsuits (12,000 annually) + Demand letters (250K plus).
- The DOJ reaffirmed in 2022 that all websites fall under ADA III as they are considered places of public accommodation. This is simply becoming the web standard, like having SSL, GDPR, etc.
- The average settlement for small businesses is $10,000+ average legal fees = $250,$300 an hour. Thus, an annual accessWidget license is less than 2 x hours with an average lawyer. 20 years of accessWidget is still less than the average settlement cost.
- Approx 25% of the population has a disability. Not only is web accessibility the right thing to do, but it’s also the right business decision. This is a HUGE percentage of the population with over $500 billion in annual spending power.
- Implementing ADA compliance is Tax Deductible.
Note: Since this is licensed technology, the annual renewal cost is $499.95. See https://yourwebsite.com/accounting, which is a page that shows all the plugins used for running your website.